LegStar for PDI is a module for Pentaho Data Integration, a.k.a. Kettle. This module is offered under the same Open Source license or Commercial license as LegStar.
LegStar for PDI
Pentaho Data Integration is an Extract/Transfer/Load (ETL) product that can be used to populate aggregate databases, such as BI, from a variety of data sources.
LegStar for PDI brings in the capability to extract data from pure mainframe file records where characters are encoded in EBCDIC and numeric data is encoded in mainframe specific formats (COMP, COMP-3, etc...).
- LegStar for PDI provides a PDI Step, called z/OS File input, that can become part of a PDI Transformation
- This step can read IBM mainframe files which records are described by COBOL structures
- The LegStar for PDI step can process fixed size and variable size records
- The LegStar for PDI step comes with a configuration user interface that allows you to pick up the COBOL structure describing records and generate artifacts needed to process the file records at runtime
- Internally the LegStar for PDI step uses regular LegStar Transformers to convert the mainframe record content to java
- You can learn more about LegStar for PDI from the LegStar for PDI site