LegStar for Talend Open Studio is a module for Talend's ETL product. This module is offered under the same Open Source license or Commercial license as LegStar.
LegStar for Talend Open Studio
Talend Open Studio is an Extract/Transfer/Load (ETL) product that can be used to populate aggregate databases, such as BI, from a variety of data sources.
LegStar for TOS brings in the capability to extract data from pure mainframe file records where characters are encoded in EBCDIC and numeric data is encoded in mainframe specific formats (COMP, COMP-3, etc...).
- LegStar for TOS provides a Talend Schema translator to produce a Talend Schema from a COBOL Structure. In case of COBOL REDEFINES, the translator produces multiple Talend Schemas
- LegStar for TOS provides a Talend component, called tFileInputCOBOL, that can become part of an Open Studio job
- This component can read IBM mainframe files which records are described by COBOL structures translated into Talend Schemas
- The LegStar for TOS component can process fixed size and variable size records
- Internally the LegStar for TOS component uses regular LegStar Transformers to convert the mainframe record content to java
- You can learn more about LegStar for TOS from the LegStar for Talend Open Studio site